If you read our July issue on “Renovating Greenwood” you know that downtown Greenwood is hot. The area is filling with new and remodeled businesses, home renovations in the old town area and plans for the future of Downtown Greenwood. The growing downtown community is one of the most walkable in the metro area. This Saturday Greenwood celebrates its vibrant and growing downtown with Rock the Clock a block party open to everyone.
This is the second year for the festival and this year they have added a zip line down Main Street. You will have the opportunity to “ZIP Down Main” and get a look at the area from above. Pre-Purchase an all day Zip Pass for just $10! This pass gets you unlimited rides the whole day! Order your ZIP PASS here.
Greenwood’s Rock the Clock block party kicks-off at 1 pm on the corner of Main and Madison next to the City Center, and continues until 8 pm. Enjoy live music, food, beverages from local microbreweries, plus games and entertainment for kids and adults. There is no charge to attend this community event.
- Battle Zone and Hungry Hippo Chomp Down Inflatable Fun
- Royal Castle Bouncing fun
- Giant Connect Four, Jenga & Kurplunk
Rock The Clock Schedule:
- 1:00 p.m. Living Proof
- 3:00 p.m. Rock, Paper Scissors Competition
- 3:30 p.m. The Why Store
- 5:30 p.m. Beer Stein Competition
- 6:00 p.m. Tastes Like Chicken
Win One of 42 Donated Rock The Block Gift Baskets
- Winners are chosen at random during the event
- Drawing times: 2:30, 4:00 & 6:00 pm
- Winner names will be posted on a sign in the welcome area
- Each winner will be able to select one basket
- Download the Greenwood Parks & Recreation app and enable event push notifications to be contacted on your phone
- You must be present to win
- All baskets must be picked up by 6:45 pm. We will hold a special drawing for all remaining baskets at 7 pm